Content Marketing World is part of the Informa Connect Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
In the latest episode of PNR: This Old Marketing, Joe and Robert kick off the show with commentary on Burger King’s new “moldy burger” campaign. Facebook hires Reuter to do fact checking, and the boys argue about the real strategy behind the move. More and more “advertisers” are buying media companies and one article gives a detailed history of the missed opportunity (by both marketers and media companies). Catalogs are back again, while the Peloton “wife” commercial didn’t hurt business like so many prognosticators thought.
In rants and raves, Robert details why IKEA keeps winning and shares an important New York Times article on the importance of Journalism. Joe shares new research on the “State of Writing” and its impact on all marketers and communicators.
Recorded live February 19, 2020; Length: 1:03:07
- (13:47) Joe asks Robert his take on Burger King’s moldy burger ad.
Screenshot: Burger King/YouTube
- (17:20) Facebook is partnering with Reuters to fact-check user-generated content. (Source: Business Insider)
The Deep Dives
- (25:56) Joe’s prediction? There could be a run on media companies in the very near future. (Source: Publishing Executive)
- (35:38) Catalogs are making a comeback. (Source: LinkedIn, hat tip to Karen Schopp)
- (41:06) Peloton holiday ad did not negatively impact sales. (Source: Ad Age)
The Show Sponsor
- (44:49) This week’s episode is sponsored by ContentTECH Summit. Spend three days in sunny San Diego with some of the smartest enterprise marketers in the business. Listeners can get $100 off registration with discount code PNR100.
Rants and Raves
Make plans to meet Joe and Robert at this year’s Content Marketing World. Sign up now to secure Super Early Bird prices!
Posted February 27, 2020 in: Event by Monina Wagner