- The Best Selling News and Magazine Theme
- Fast and Features Packed Template For Blogs
- Optimized for Mobile + AMP + GDPR Compliant
Newspaper is a WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease. We offer great support and friendly help!
Create a great news website with our newspaper template. This bestseller theme is perfect for blogging and excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It supports videos from YouTube. AMP and mobile ready. GDPR compliant, the theme is fast, simple, and easy to use for a cryptocurrency, fashion, food, lifestyle, modern, personal, travel, luxury, viral, minimal, minimalist projects and more.
Integrated with Instagram, bbPress Forum, BuddyPress and WooCommerce, it uses the best clean SEO practices. Newspaper supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
he full list of features:
- Homepage – We have a lot of homepages in the main menu of the demo
- Search – unique SEO optimized search template
- Blog index
- Author – post count, comments count and author widget
- Category – breadcrumbs, subcategories and category description.
- Tag – easy tagcloud navigation via widget
- 404 template – with latest posts
- Archives page
- All the blocks – please select your block from the top. You can mix and match them. All of the content blocks support ajax pagination and subcategories (including slides)
- Live search with Ajax and up down keys
- One click demo install – NO MORE .XML files, with just one click you have the demo data installed
- WPML support
- Woocommerce support
- Custom bbpress styling + custom login system – you can now build a community with ease.
- Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes its structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
- Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the script loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
- Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
- Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
- Auto YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a YouTube url and the site will automatically download the largest image available from the clip and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
- Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
- SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
- Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations.
- Google fonts – change the fonts easily from the Theme panel
- Sticky navigation menu – with option to enable, disable or enable only on big screens (not on phones)
- Each category has:
- 8 category templates styles
- 12 category top posts styles – each with 7 unique grid styles
- 19 custom module style (loop style)
- custom colors
- custom background image
- custom sidebar + position(left, full, right)
- Unlimited sidebars – each post, page, category can have its own sidebar. Also, all the author, search, tag, blog index templates have custom sidebars
- Built in related posts based on tags, author or category
- Easy Google Analytics support (just paste the code in our admin)
- 14 footer layouts
- Custom pagebuilder elements
- Custom widgets
- Popular category widget – show the most popular category
- Author box widget – show authors sorted by number of posts, or by name
- Social counter widget – a social counter that shows numbers of likes, followers or subscribers
- Ad box – allows you to select an ad zone (you define the responsive ad zones in our panel)
- 25 Blocks
- Instagram widget
- Weather widget
- Exchange widget
- Text with title
We personally respond to all the request that we receive and we are trying to help everyone.
Please visit our support forum.
Thanks for your interest in our theme!
Marius, Alin, Nicu, Radu, Emil, Alina S., Alina G., Lucian, Bogdan, Catalin, Cristi, John, Simion, Alexandra, Calin and Vlad from tagDiv
For the latest update news please follow our blog on http://tagDiv.com/blog
Version 9.8 – July 30th, 2019
- new: 12 New one-click installable PRO Demos created with the tagDiv Cloud Library: Life News, Video News, Influencer, La mode, Animals Magazine, Art Magazine, L’histoire, Travel Memories, Fitness Blog, Tech News, Podcasts and Romania News. More than a full-website design, the Pro Demo are the perfect combination of lightweight architecture, enhanced performance, and stunning flexibility. You can modify all the templates like the single post, author page, category, and so on, using the frontend drag and drop functionality. Update you theme and enjoy the new demos for free:
- new: Life News – PRO Demo
- new: Video News – PRO Demo
- new: Influencer – PRO Demo
- new: La mode – PRO Demo
- new: Animals Magazine – PRO Demo
- new: Art Magazine – PRO Demo
- new: L’histoire – PRO Demo
- new: Travel Memories – PRO Demo
- new: Fitness Blog – PRO Demo
- new: Tech News – PRO Demo
- new: Podcast – PRO Demo
- new: Romania News – PRO Demo
- misc: Font and color options added for the Social Counter shortcode;
- misc: We updated the WPBakery Page Builder plugin to the latest version;
- misc: We updated the Revolution Slider plugin to the latest version;
- fix: Template files from the root can be overwritten using the Child Theme;
- fix: Ajax Search loading on the theme’s responsive version when the Mobile Theme plugin is set to load just for AMP.
Version 9.7.4 – July 17th, 2019
- new: New options added for Mobile Theme. Now you have additional settings to customize the Grids, the Latest Articles, and the Theme Fonts. This is an important enhancement as now you can add more style to the way your website is displayed on mobile devices;
- new: Option to Enable/Disable the Mobile Theme for individual posts and pages. Now you have the power to control which post or page is shown to your mobile visitors;
- new: Audio Post support;
- new: Added the Fixed Position option on the Single Background Featured Image element;
- new: Megamenu option – Easily order your subcategories by Name or ID;
- misc: Improved Child Theme support;
- misc: The Block Title Tag option was added on the Flex Block elements;
- misc: Header Live Search – We’ve added more options to customize it;
- misc: The Video Playlists Shortcodes are now updated to give your visitors a better experience;
- misc: Added the option to disable H1 on logo for the Header Logo element;
- misc: Better search;
- misc: We updated the WPBakery Page Builder plugin to the latest version;
- misc: We updated the Revolution Slider plugin to the latest version;
- fix: vc_column_text and td_block_text_with_title can now have self enclosed shortcodes;
- fix: Sign-in/join now appears in the Mobile Menu;
- fix: General Modal now applies properly;
- fix: The Canonical URL on Homepage Loop Template while using the Loop shortcode;
- fix: The appearance of the Header Login shortcode on mobile;
- fix: The Loop Pagination when used with the offset on the page;
- fix: Minor Category siblings fixes;
- fix: The Import/Export theme panel settings;
- fix: Logo Text;
- fix: Various CSS fixes.
Version 9.7.3 – May 28th, 2019
This update brings changes that adapt the Newspaper Theme files to comply with the new quality standards of the Envato Market for WordPress. Find all the info about what you need to know and do regarding this update in the dedicated article on our blog.
- misc: We updated the WPBakery Page Builder plugin to the latest version.
- fix: Single Image.
- fix: Sibling categories.
- fix: Various css fixes.
Version 9.7.2 – April 25th, 2019
- fix: Footer instagram id.
- fix: Warning on Buddypress templates.
- fix: Warning when accessing wp-admin page.
- fix: po/mo files are now loaded properly.
- fix: AMP works properly when using child theme.
- fix: XSS Security issue.
Version 9.7.1 – April 19th, 2019
- fix: Social share on default Single template.
- fix: Related Posts on default Single template.
- fix: Click issue on multi-purpose buttons.
- fix: Fonts for multi-purpose elements.
- fix: Mobile Theme plugin update in Welcome Theme plugins setup.
Version 9.7 – April 17th, 2019
!IMPORTANT UPDATE NOTICE
Newspaper Theme is now compliant with the Envato current WordPress Standards – WordPress Requirements. This update is different as it makes changes to the theme’ code structure. It doesn’t influence the functionality and features.
However, the update interferes with the child theme customizations. If you’ve made changes only in the functions.php and style.css files, your modifications are safe. In case you’ve altered other files, before updating your theme, please create a test environment and check out the changes there, not on your live website.
Find all the details you need to know and do regarding this update in the dedicated article on our blog.
- new: Added New tracking functions for Google Analytics and Facebook on the Submit button in the Newsletter plugin.
- new: Sticky Column options now also work for the Inner Columns.
- fix: Logo structure for W3 Markup Validation.
- fix: Other various style fixes.
Version 9.6.1 – March 19th, 2019
- improvement: New options added to the Mobile theme for more flexibility. You can now choose the way you display content on small screen devices using Mobile theme and AMP.
Version 9.6 – March 6th, 2019
Notice: The tagDiv AMP plugin was discontinued as we are introducing an easier, more elegant way to display your content on mobile devices using the official AMP plugin and the Mobile theme. When updating your theme to Newspaper version 9.6, tagDiv AMP plugin will be automatically disabled. Read More
- new: Introducing the Mobile theme with AMP Support. We’ve redesigned the Mobile Theme plugin to integrate seamlessly with the official AMP plugin for WordPress.Together, they come as a neat solution to quickly give you the best results. Increase your page loading speed on mobile up to five times faster.
- new: We’ve added Single Post Modified Date shortcode.
- new: Added Modified Date Option on blocks and modules.
- new: Added Modified Date Sort Order (filter).
- new: Introducing Unlimited Ads for your website. Place your ad code directly in the Ad Box shortcode; there’s no need to use an existing spot area. We’ve also added image ad support to give you unlimited possibilities to monetize your website.
- new: Added the Page Scroll with Percent Option for the Infinite Load on Post feature. Give your users the opportunity to enjoy more of your content with a new smooth experience.
- new: Added the New Block Header 18
- new: Added Icons for the Header Logo shortcode
- misc: New options to style the pagination on blocks
- misc: We updated the Revolution Slider plugin to the latest version
- fix: Page mega-menu
- fix: H tag issue on the multipurpose elements
- fix: You can use a header template from a demo, and also load the header template you like from the tagDiv Cloud Library
- fix: Load on the font Header templates
- fix: Various CSS fixes
Version 9.5 – February 6th, 2019
- new: 3 New installable demos created with the tagDiv Cloud Library: Nomad, Racing, and Home Decor Demo. You can modify all the templates using the frontend drag and drop functionality:
- new: Fully customizable Racing Demo
- new: Fully customizable Home Decor Demo
- new: Fully customizable Nomad
- new: Introducing the Header Builder. Now you have the power to create completely different headers for various pages, sticky headers on desktop and mobile, but also special headers for small screen devices.
- new: The Header Manager. This feature allows you to have a different header on templates (think of it as your Headers Assign System :p)
- new: 35+ Header Templates. Fully editable, the header templates are easy to import and modify to fit your website perfectly. Almost all of them come with editable logos.
- new: 10 New header shortcodes – Drag and drop them into a new header and customize them with tagDiv Composer.
- new: Auto Loading feature for articles – When visitors reach the end of the post, another article is loaded. You can easily choose which one is displayed next.
- new: We’ve added a beautiful set of icons in Newspaper Theme font. They are very useful for crafting your logos.
- new: Shadow Controller for tagDiv Composer.
- misc: We’ve added 2 beautiful Styles for the multipurpose ‘Button’ Element.
- misc: Full compatibility with Gutenberg blocks.
- fix: Social share buttons.
- fix: Page settings in Gutenberg editor.
- fix: Flex blocks.
- fix: Display mobile grid (on Mobile Theme) only if ‘Featured’ category exists.
- fix: Some fixes for demos install.
Version 9.2.2 – December 17th, 2018
- fix: thumbs appear properly for related articles using tagDiv AMP plugin.
- fix: XSS Security issue.
Version 9.2.1 – December 12th, 2018
- new: option to hide row on pagination, useful for Posts Loop shortcodes.
- fix: LazyLoad on slow network connections. Please clear all your caches, including browser cache.
- fix: better support for WordPress 5.0.
- fix: various css fixes for flex blocks.
- fix: encoding issue when importing a section/template.
Version 9.2 – December 6th, 2018
- new: Food Blog demo
- new: Lazy Load Effect – now images are loaded only when they are in the viewport
- new: 60 new Pre-Designed Templates in tagDiv Cloud Library
- new: Analytics Events and Facebook pixel events support for multipurpose blocks that use buttons. You can easily configure an event on any button that will be tracked
- new: Fixed count option in the Social Counter plugin
- new: Categories/Tags list and Search Form shortcodes
- misc: Full compatibility with Guttenberg and WordPress 5. We tested the theme with WordPress 5.0 Release Candidate to make sure that any problems are fixed on time for the next WordPress version.
- misc: We updated the WPBakery Page Builder plugin to the latest version
- misc: Exclude post or pages IDs for Loop shortcode. Useful when you want to exclude specific posts or pages on any template, for example to hide a page on the search template.
- fix: Inline ad
- fix: Category individual template now work as expected
- fix: Removed the open box animation in theme panel
- fix: Smartlist end h tags
- fix: Render shortcode on Column Text
- fix: Various CSS fixes
Version 9.1 – October 15th, 2018
- new: 7 New installable demos created with the tagDiv Cloud Library: Entertainment, Living Mag, Fast News, Gossip, Journal, Gaming, and Lifestyle Blog. You can modify all the templates like the single post, author page, category, and so on, using the frontend drag and drop functionality:
- new: Fully customizable Entertainment Demo;
- new: Fully customizable Living Mag Demo;
- new: Fully customizable Fast News Demo;
- new: Fully customizable Gossip Demo;
- new: Fully customizable Journal Demo;
- new: Fully customizable Gaming Demo;
- New: Fully customizable Lifestyle Blog.
- new: We’re introducing the intuitive Right-Click option in the tagDiv Composer page builder to bring you new features and a natural way to design your website:
- new: Copy and Paste options available from the Right-Click menu for elements, columns, and rows available; This functionality also works between pages, not only on the same page;
- new: Copy and Paste Style option. Now you can copy the customized style of an element and apply it to all the similar ones. The feature is available from the Right-Click menu for elements, columns, and rows. You can also use it between pages, not only on the same page;
- new: Reset Style option. Now you have the option to revert an element style to the default design settings. The feature is available from the Right-Click menu;
- new: Save as Element option. From the Right-Click menu, you can save elements and rows as predefined ones, and use them later from the ‘Add Element’ button in the tagDiv Composer
- new: Delete option. Now it’s easy to remove the unwanted items from your page, straight from the Right-Click menu;
- new: Duplicate option – available from the Right-Click menu
- new: Clear option available from the right-click menu. Now you can quickly remove all the elements from a column or row.
- new: 10 beautiful Big Grid Flex elements
- new: Style Presets for Big Grids Flex and Category Grids
- new: option to choose the H tag format for the Title element
- new: option to Duplicate a Cloud template
- new: “Used on” Column in Cloud Templates section. Now you can easily see which template is assigned and used on your website.
- new: Post Loop 2 element: Use this new element to display posts loop using other designs
- new: option to quickly change the Page or Template Name directly from the tagDiv Composer page builder editor
- new: Recent Comments element with new Extra Style settings
- new: the list of Used Colors for pickers is now available in tagDiv Composer in the Recent Colors section
- new: the list of Used Fonts is available in the tagDiv Composer under the Load Font Settings menu
- new: We’ve tested and updated the WPBakery Page Builder plugin to the latest version
- misc: new alert message box in tagDiv Composer
- misc: settings updated for the Single Review Overall and Summary Post elements
- misc: the List Menu element: added a new font option for the header title section
- misc: Flex block 1: added color option for the review stars
- misc: new options for Slide element. Now you can choose a specific height responsive
- misc: update for tagDiv Newsletter plugin: added MailChimp GDPR checkboxes
- misc: update for tagDiv Cloud Library plugin: new enumeration system for duplicated templates and other UX improvements
- fix: the tagDiv Composer panel’s appearance when the scroll is hidden in your browser
- fix: style for comment edit link
- fix: Column Text encoding issues
- fix: bug when deleting an assigned Single Cloud template
- fix: Single Post review – the Google Structured Data error
- fix: Flex Grids blocks – the horizontal align
- fix: smartlist missing paragraph
- fix: minor fixes for the tagDiv Newsletter plugin for the MailerLite
- fix: various fixes for the WooCommerce CSS
- fix: the Comments form issues
- fix: the Category Grids and Flex Grids blocks – the title hover color
- fix: Facebook ‘Like’ button issue on the Mobile Theme plugin
- fix: other minor fixes
Version 9.0.1 – August 10th, 2018
- fix: block with title, column text and raw html elements crashed on specific circumstances
Version 9.0 – August 9th, 2018
- new: tagDiv Composer now supports undo and redo actions.
- new: Classy demo. The first demo that is fully customizable with the drag and drop functionality. All the templates (like the author, category, single post, etc.) can be modified with tagDiv Composer.
- new: tagDiv image style: center full width – available in the image details panel while editing a post. This option centers the image and leaves it full width. This image style is very useful and enables creative designs with full images when the article has no sidebars.
- new: flex block 3, 4, and 5. The new flex block elements enable unique layouts with a lot of flexibility.
- new: option to hide the caption on featured images that are used on custom single templates.
- new: reviews are now fully supported on custom single templates.
- new: ajax pagination (load more, next prev, and autoloading) on the loop shortcode. This shortcode is used to create the archive templates, category templates, author templates, and others using the Cloud Library
- new: now you can load and select custom templates from the Cloud Library and customize them with tagDiv Composer: 404, archive, attachments, search and tag templates. Each author and category page can have a custom template.
- new: Pinterest on the Social Counter plugin
- new: 140+ customizable sections
- new: 39+ contact and about pages
- new: 15+ category templates
- new: 24 editable footers
- misc: the breadcrumbs now support custom links so you can easily override the ones provided by WordPress on custom templates like the author, single page, categories, and many more.
- misc: the breadcrumbs on custom templates now produce JSON-LD for SEO.
- misc: the local templates on tagDiv Cloud Library now can be filtered by type (single, category, author, etc.).
- misc: two new custom fonts spots. Now the theme can load up to 5 custom fonts.
- fix: the column text and block with title text is now encoded, so this should prevent problems when the page is manually edited.
- fix: various multi-purpose elements like recent comments and text with image.
- fix: live CSS button was not working on the Firefox browser.
- fix: various permissions checks in tagDiv Composer for the editors and authors. Now an editor can use the plugin but cannot change the header of the site or other sitewide settings.
- fix: WPBakery Page Builder 5.5+ interferes with tagDiv Composer functionality.
- fix: border-radius setting on buttons.
- fix: icon box description font was not working as expected.
- Vendor: Singa
- 5.00 rating from 1 review